Monday, February 20, 2012

My Political Beliefs

We place people under many categories to decide if we agree with their beliefs or if they will be a source of argument.  The terms "democrat" and "republican" are simply another one of those tools.  People always want to know which one I reside under and I normally say republican.   The thing is I don't believe myself to be put under a category based on my political beliefs, because I don't think my political beliefs are one or the other.  Granted my beliefs tend to lean more toward the liberal ideology but there are some aspects that are more conservative.    For instance I disagree with Obama in his belief that the wealthy should have higher taxes.  I believe that there should be a flat rate for taxes so that way people would be paying less for taxes if they made less in salary, as well as if they made more they would pay more.   But on the other side I support pro choice, which is considered a more liberal view.  I believe that it is a woman’s choice on whether or not she wants to keep her baby because each situation given in which an abortion is considered is different, with different incentives.  I hope to gain further knowledge about the U.S. government and about each controversy so that I can shape my beliefs based on what I truly believe and not what the people surround me believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment